Ayurveda is an holistic health system from which many of the approaches and teachings within the fields of holistic health and alternative medicine has been derived from. It offers a wide body of wisdom that aims to bring about health and balance to make way for spiritual growth and the realization of one’s potential.
Among the core ideas in Ayurveda is the understanding that everyone’s version of balance is different. And thus, to attain wellness and spiritual transcendence, one must become in tune with their unique body to know what it is that it needs.
To help one do so, Ayurveda explores 3 types of energy (called Doshas) that we all are made up of in differing amounts. Our doshic constitution and their state of balance plays a huge role in affecting what kind of nutrition, exercise, and other lifestyle choices is best for us at any given point of time.
Today, many people are disconnected from their bodies, leading to physical, emotional, and energetic misalignment.
But Sahara Rose, an expert in the field of Ayurveda, is here to change that.
When Sahara began to study Ayurveda, she experienced first-hand how powerful it could be. But she also understood that being an ancient practice, there was much that could be improved on using modern-day science. And that’s exactly what she has done.
Sahara has brilliantly adapted Ayurveda for modern and Western circumstances. She has written a best-selling book on the topic: The Idiot’s Guide to Ayurveda. Through her book and teachings, she has made it tremendously easier for people of all backgrounds to apply the healing principles of Ayurveda to their own lives.
Tune in to this episode to learn from Sahara how we could use the powerful wisdom and practices of Ayurveda to bring about healing, wellness, and growth.
IN THIS EPISODE, SAHARA AND I DISCUSS:
- The idea that our souls chose the lives we are living
- Who our “higher self” is
- The history and purpose of Ayurveda and it’s sister practice, Yoga (which is commonly misunderstood today)
- The 3 Doshas (mind-body types) of Ayurveda, and how by finding out yours, you can better understand what it is that your body needs.
- How Sahara has adapted Ayurveda using modern day science to fit it into Western lifestyles and food choices
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Idiot’s Guide to Ayurveda – Sahara’s best-selling book
- Mind-Body Type Quiz – Sahara’s quiz to find out your Ayurvedic mind and body type (dosha constitution) which is related to your physiology, digestion, metabolism, personality and so much more
- Emotional Body Map (scroll to bottom) – Learn all about how your emotions can actually manifest physical pain in your body with this short e-book and chart by Sahara.
- Perfect Health by Deepak Chopra
I believe that finding fulfilment and rising to our potential is done through connecting with one another, and bringing forth our unique and greatest gifts to help others rise as well. And so, I created TWA to bring together Ascenders, people who are pursuing personal/spiritual growth with the desire to make a positive impact on the world. You can join our community of Ascenders here.